Saturday, June 13, 2009

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day

So the other day I was looking at my garden and was disappointed by the number of things blooming compared to a month ago. But as I looked around, I realized there is actually a lot blooming. And the front yard, which we just put in in the last 8 months (see more about that at rented garden) is also full of blooms.
A bread poppy.
These fuschia are blooming like crazy along the side fence.
Here are some clarkia starting to open. They look almost like roses just opening to me.
And here's part of the front yard. This paprika yarrow is an intense red right as it's opening.
This salvia guaranitica 'black and blue' was a mistake. I was trying to buy 3 indigo spires and grabbed one of those and two of the black and blue. A beautiful mistake though. I love it.
Also blooming in the gardens are two other salvias, passionflower, delphinium, foxglove, lots and lots of California poppies, and a few left over tidy tips and bird's eye gilia, as well as some of the veggies.

Thanks to Carol at May Dreams Gardens for hosting Bloom Day where bloggers post what's blooming now in their garden.

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know the salvia "black and blue." looks great. And I'm a total non-rose expert, but I think the clarkia look like roses too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still have poppies? Sounds like things are all right, then...Happy bloom day! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors on that poppy and those salvia are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...or maybe roses look like clarkias...

    That's a great sage. I have some other blue-flowered species, but nothing with the same contrasting dark bases. Definitely a great mistake to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Between the Poppy, the Paprika, and the deep pink Clarkia and the Balck & Blue...y ou've got quite the rich color palette. Nice flowers. Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your garden pics. We enjoy the Paprika yarrow and Salvia guaranitica 'Black and Blue' in our garden, too. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures. ~~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete