Friday, March 11, 2011

Catch up - Photos of Mt. Diablo with Snow and Roasting the Bay Nuts

A few days after my aborted attempt to see snow on Mt. Diablo, I went out to Walnut Creek to do some work. Luckily my friend was driving.  He was even nice enough to pull over, but strangely the best pics were just taken through the windshield while moving.


And I realized I did in fact take some pics while roasting the bay nuts.  The shells are very easy to remove, leaving two halves of a creamy colored nut.  The 2nd and 3rd pic are the roasted nuts.  The 2nd picture is without flash and the 3rd with.  The actual color of the roasted nuts is somwhere in between, think a ruddy chocolate brown.

1 comment:

  1. Did these bay nuts taste any better?
    Oh, saw this post and thought of your comment on my blog about great blue herons eating gophers: http://jwallphoto.blogspot.com/2011/03/gbh-sequence.html

    ReplyDelete